Motivation and Hitting Goals
I've realized that whether I'm at the gym or at the keyboard I channel the same drive and determination to hit my goals. I stay positive and keep moving forward. What has really helped hone this skill is listening to the great men and women who have come before us. I'm a sucker for great inspirational and motivation quotes.
Staying positive and progressing toward your goal, whatever it may be, is the only way to eventually find success. Nobody is going to do it for us. It's up to us to set our personal goals and move forward. Even if that moving forward is just an inch a day. Inches add up and turn into feet, feet turn into yards and yards turn into miles.
Below are a few quotes that I remind myself of on a regular basis and that have helped me get to where I am today:
1) The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. –Ayn Rand
2) It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. –Confucius
3) Hate all weakness but above all hate weakness in yourself. - Ancient Samurai Proverb
4) A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. - Lao-tzu
5) Inspiration will find you, but it must find you working. - Pablo Picasso
6) I may not be there yet, but I'm closer today then I was yesterday. - Unknown